“One of the catalysts for us starting the Injured Athletes Club support group and then also doing the podcast is so that you don’t feel like you’re alone … when you lose your sport, there’s sometimes so many little mini-losses that come with that. So to be able to come to the Injured Athletes Club and be a part of a community is so special, and you all are the ones that make that special.”
One big message we try to share on this podcast, in our Facebook group, and throughout our work with injured athletes is that it’s essential to celebrate your successes.
This week, we’re whooping it up big-time for an accomplishment that’s incredibly meaningful to us—the 100th episode of The Injured Athletes Club! We started this show way back in 2019, and whether you’ve been listening since then or are listening for the first time, we’re glad you’re with us.
And we mean that, because this show—this community—is what it is because of YOU, the injured athletes who come here for support and who support each other in turn. So this week, we asked our club members to share with us their biggest takeaways from our book, the podcast, and each other.
What you’ve learned, you told us, is that:
- Recovery is now your sport
- Healing isn’t linear
- It’s OK to struggle
- Support makes it better
- About that support—we need different, specific kinds
- You are not alone. Some have been through this before and come out stronger—and others are there with you, right now.
Our hearts are so warmed by what you’ve shared, inspired by your journeys, and grateful for the ways you’ve shown up, for other athletes and for yourselves. Thank you, and know that above all else, we’re rooting for you and your rebound.
Listen to the show for more—and thank you, truly, for doing so!
If you’re newer to the show, Episode 1: Welcome to the Injured Athletes Club explains what it’s all about—and it still holds up, four years later!
Thank you so much to our sponsors for season 6:
- Fluid Running, which has revolutionized fitness by bringing running to the deep water
- IceeNOW.com, which provides innovative injury prevention and recovery solutions for athletes
- ADAM Rehabilitation, creators of the ADAM Brace System, the most stable exercise system built to save the health of your shoulders
To access more resources for injured athletes:
- Buy Rebound: Train Your Mind to Bounce Back Stronger from Sports Injuries —now available as an audiobook!
- Join The Injured Athletes Club mailing list, for news and updates
- Join The Injured Athletes Club Facebook group, for support and camaraderie
- Like The Injured Athletes Club Podcast Facebook page, for the latest episodes
- Email us at email@example.com with questions, guest suggestions, or other feedback
DISCLAIMER: This content is for educational & informational use only and & does not constitute medical advice. Do not disregard, avoid or delay obtaining medical or health related advice from your health-care professional because of something you may have heard in an episode of this podcast. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult with a qualified medical professional for proper evaluation & treatment. Guests who speak on this podcast express their own opinions, experiences, and conclusions, and The Injured Athletes Club podcast hosts nor any company providing financial support endorses or opposes any particular treatment option discussed in the episodes of this podcast and are not responsible for any actions or inactions of listeners based on the information presented. The use of any information provided is solely at your own risk.